Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Slayer Burger

 There is a restaurant in my neighbourhood called "Slayer Burger". I believe this is a chain - it has the air of being one. But I must say their burger (and fries) tastes a lot better than your average burger chain. Now, the prices are relatively high, I must say.


My classic burger combo came to $25 with tax and tip. But one thing I enjoyed is the burger came pre-made with condiments and toppings, as if individually curated by the restaurant thus alleviating the need to make those decisions at the individual level. 

The burger itself was very nice, as I said, especially for a chain. It tasted like ground beef and had a good consistency. I am not such a fan of the smash burger option, as I have tried that in the past. But classic was good. I thought a double would have been a good idea but after having consumed the single, 1 oz, I will say that was plenty. I went away feeling full.

The fries are excellent too. They tasted fresh and crispy, and came with a side of dip which I think was a form of mayonnaise. Ketchup would have been nice, but I just elected not to ask for that condiment to go with the meal.

Altogether, I recommend "Slayer Burger" and I give it a 4/5.

One point on the dining atmosphere: the restaurant was clean and pleasant but there was an obnoxious (in my opinion) soundtrack playing in the background which was loud heavy-metal classic rock, as near as I could figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment